Congratulations to the Prestashop Development team & the rest of members here helping to resolve many bugs.
I have a few tips for people upgrading below
I realise that most of this may be in the WIKI but not everyone looks at this.
UPGRADING STEP BY STEP!
BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP! just in case
1) Download the latest Prestashop 1 Final here Lastest PrestaShop version
2) Create a new folder ie call this. “prestshop1”
3) upload the contents of the new v1 final zip to the folder above
5) upload from BK or move from current location both your theme directory & img directory.
if modifications have been made to any modules please move this in to the new location renaming the current folder to bk-img etc.
6) set your permissions recursively to all directories except CONFIG / TOOLS
7) set permissions to config 777 & /tools/smarty/compile (Not recursively)
Before running the updater you need to do the following
1) Upload your settings.inc.php from your BK then CHMOD 777
2) you may nee to CHMOD 777 to logo.jpg located in your img directory unless this has already been done
3) Run the updater
SUCCESS PRESTASHOP v1 FINAL IS NOW INSTALLED
PART 2 (Optional) – If you wish to use the same directory used on your last install follow these steps!
1) Rename the old directory to RC5 or what ever your previous version is so you don’t get them mixed up
2) Now rename Prestashop1 back to your previous directory
If you rename your new directory make sure your define the new directory here in settings.inc.php
A note to the developers PS_BASE_URI needs to be automatically updated on install!
FOUND A SMALL BUG IN THE UPDATER
for those of you who after updating can’t login here’s the quick fix!
Request a password as this will generate a new password based on your new COOKIE_KEY
if you don’t receive an email with this new password you need to manually update COOKIE_KEY & COOKIE_IV with your old value from your previous backup you will find in your settings.inc.php